How to Download Youtube Videos on iPad – 5 Easiest Ways
Last Updated on
If you’ve ever wondered how to download YouTube videos on iPad, then you’re in the right place. This is great to save mobile bandwidth or to keep your favorite video to rewatch at any time. We break down several different methods step-by-step, so you can easily follow along.
- First of all, go to NotMP3 and download our free video downloader for YouTube software.
- When it’s complete, run it from the bottom of your browser or navigate to your “Downloads” folder and run the “FreeVideoDownloaderForYouTube_86.exe” file.
- In the setup wizard, select your preferred language and click “OK.” Then, click “Next.” Check the box that shows you accept the licensing agreement and click “Next” until you get to the final step.
- Finally, click “Install.”
- You should see a progress bar as the software installs. Once it’s complete, click “Finish,” and that should automatically run the software.
- Now, head over to YouTube and find a video you would like to download. When you’ve got it, click it to open the video playback page.
- Copy its URL.
Then, to download the video to your PC:
1. Go back to the Free Video Downloader and paste the video link into the field at the top of the app.
2. Choose your preferred video quality any and click “Download.”
3. On the next page, you will see the video progress as it downloads; wait for it to finish.
The easiest way to transfer a video from PC to iPad is using iTunes:
- So, connect your iPad to your PC via the USB cable and then launch iTunes. Unlock the iPad and select your computer at the prompt. The iPad device should show in the left hand of your iTunes menu.
- To add the video to your iTunes library, go to File > Add to library > Choose video > Open. Then, search for the video and import it.
- Now, either go to “Movies” at the left and then check the box next to “Sync Movies” or next to the specific video to sync it to the device. Or, from the “Movies” panel, drag and drop the video over your device in the left-hand menu.
- Track the syncing progress at the top of iTunes and wait for it to complete.
How to Save YouTube Videos to iPad Legally – YouTube Premium
The alternative is to purchase a Premium subscription at $11.99 per month. However, there is also a 1-month free trial. Using this method, you can download a video to your YouTube app library and watch them offline at any time. You will need a Google account to create a Premium account.
- Head to the App Store on your iPad and download the free YouTube app. Or, if you have YouTube already, just run the app. Click on your profile picture at the top and sign in to your Google account. You will see an option to “Get YouTube Premium” – tap it.
- Sign up for YouTube Premium. Once you’re done, you will be taken to the YouTube home page. Browse or search for a video you would like to watch and play it.
- At the bottom of the YouTube player, you should see a “Download” icon. Tap it to start downloading the video. Once it’s done, you can play the video offline at any time by going to YouTube > Library > Downloads.
How to Download Videos from YouTube to iPad with Shortcuts App
- First, you will need to download and install the Siri Shortcuts app to your iPad from the App Store. Then, go to your device Settings > Shortcuts. Find the “SHARING SETTINGS” section and the “Allow Untrusted Shortcuts” option and enable it. You will then need to confirm your decision and log in using your Apple credentials.
- Next, go to YouTube and play a video that you would like to download. Tap the “Share” icon below the video. When the sharing options show up, swipe left until you reach the “More” option and tap it. If Shortcuts isn’t there yet, you might have to repeat this by selecting “More” a second time and toggling Shorcuts on.
- Once you find the Shortcuts option, tap it to open the app. Look for the “Download YouTube” card and tap it. That should start the video download.
- Once it’s ready, you will be prompted to share or save the video. Choose the save option and select a folder for the video from your Photo Album.
The YouTube video will be saved in your Photo Album, and you can find and play it here.
How to Download from YouTube to iPad Using the Documents App
Go to the App Store from your iPad and search for the “Documents by Readdle” app. Download and install it on your device. When it’s ready, run the Documents app. As always, you may need to sign in to your iTunes account first.
Next, open the YouTube app on your device. If you don’t have it, get it from the App Store. Once YouTube has launched, look for a video you want to download to your iPad and play it. Below the video player, tap the “Share” icon.
Instead of selecting an app to share, tap, and hold to highlight the video link at the popup’s top. From the options in the popup menu, select “copy” to copy the video address.
Go out of YouTube and run the Documents app. In the lefthand menu, select the “Browser” option that will open the in-app browser. Navigate to bitdownloader.com (or any other YouTube video download site) by typing it into the address bar.
Then, to download the video:
- Paste the YouTube video link into the video link field and tap “Download.”
- Scroll down until you see all the video quality options and tap “Download” next to the one that suits you.
- Once the download is complete, go to the “My Files” entry in the lefthand menu. Then, look for and open the “Downloads” folder.
- Look for the thumbnail of the video you downloaded and tap the “…” icon in the bottom right corner. Tap the “Share” icon.
- Scroll until you find the “Save to Files” option and tap it. You can choose to either save it to a location on your iCloud or on your iPad.
Now, to play your video, you can go to Files > Browse > Videos on your iPad. Find the video and play it. Tap the “Share” icon and choose “Save video” to make it accessible in your Photo Album.
Screen Record YouTube Videos on iPad
Since iOS 11, iPad devices have had the ability to record anything you do on the device screen. To activate Screen Recording, you will need to go to Settings > Control Centre > Customise Controls.
Usually, “Screen Recording” is not in your “INCLUDE” list by default. So, look for it under “MORE TOOLS” and tap the green + icon next to it to add it. You can now easily access Screen Recording” from your Control Centre by swiping down on your device.
- Open your device’s Control Centre and look for the Screen Record icon. It’s usually a circle with a dot inside. Tap the Screen Recording icon and wait 3 seconds for the recording to start.
- Now, open up YouTube and find a video you would like to record. Play the video and leave Screen Recording on to record it. You can see that Screen Recording is active via the red bar at the bottom of the screen or a red dot next to the top toolbar.
- To stop the recording, tap on either the bar or the blob and confirm. Alternatively, tap the Screen Recording option in the Control Centre. The video should automatically be saved to your photo album.