4 Ways to Convert Youtube to M4A
Last Updated on
There are tons of various programs and online converters that can convert a YouTube video to an MP3 file for you to enjoy on a phone, but how to convert YouTube to M4A?
What is M4A
MPEG-4 Audio format is considered to be a better version of traditional MP3 format of files. It differs from MP4 that contains audio and video data. In fact, an M4A is an audio-only compression file that was widely introduced by iPod and iTunes to handle audio formats only.
- It is a lot smaller than MP3
- Higher quality
- It’s convenient not only for storage on your phone or tablet but also if you want to send a file
- It is one of the best ways to convert YouTube to M4A for iPhone or macOS devices, but some could also benefit if they have Android phones
This short guide will answer some of your questions and aid in converting files of one format to another.
Best YouTube to M4A Converter
The easiest and safest method to convert a YouTube clip to M4A is to utilize a simple downloader. For example, try our Free Video Downloader for YouTube. Using this tool is as easy as to save favorite songs.
How to download YouTube to M4A:
- Download the tool mentioned above.
2. Open the file and install the app on your PC. It might take around 5 minutes or less.
3. Open your free tool, you will see a space where you need to insert the link to a YouTube video.
4. Find a favorite clip you want to save as an M4A file and paste it in the link field.
5. Now you may save the audio!
And that’s it, the converter will download the file on your computer in the format you need.
- It’s easy to utilize
- Supports several video types (including those from Facebook and Vimeo, etc.)
- Regular updates and support
It also supports various types of files so you may even use it to download videos as mp3 and enjoy songs on your iPad or other devices.
By the way, here is our guide for converting videos from Youtube to WAV format.
Best YouTube M4A Converter Online – KeepVid
If you are 100% sure that you don’t need such a tool on an everyday basis, use an online mechanism then. For example, a KeepVid mechanism. You don’t need to download it, just open a link and use it. If you change your mind, you could also utilize the desktop version.
The simple instruction to use it online:
- Find your favorite clip and copy the link.
- It shows that the clip is automatically downloaded as MP4.
- Click on the “Other formats” link and hit the needed one.
- In the “Audio only” section on the right side of the screen, you will find the needed format.
- Begin downloading!
As you can see, this option is even easier. It’s a useful service and it also supports several formats.
- Simple design, easy navigation
- Supports tons of formats
- Can be used for other services, not just YouTube
- Works quickly and effectively, without any issues or lags
- You may have to view some ads
- No M4A 320kbps quality available
There are literally no difficulties when it comes to saving clips in the needed format. With modern tools, you may even save clips without sound (only the motion pictures), or get only sound, etc. As you can see, it’s easy and enjoyable, no hustle and bustle!
YouTube to M4A File FAQ
How to Convert Youtube to M4A for iPhone?
To convert YouTube to M4A, download and install “Video to MP3 Converter & Convert videos to audio” in the AppStore.
Then use similarly as the mentioned examples in the article:
- Copy/paste link to the clip.
- Choose to save audio as m4a.
- Wait for the download.
- Save the audio!
And that’s it!
How to Convert Youtube to M4A for Android
In a similar vein, download “Video converter to MP3” from Play Market, then do this:
- Install the app.
- Open it and insert the copied link.
- Choose to save audio as m4a.
- Wait until the app processes the clip, then download it.
Voila, the job is done!
Which Quality is Better: M4A or MP3?
It’s up to each user to decide. The reason why people prefer M4A is because of its weight. It’s smaller and thus doesn’t “eat” your storage space. But MP3 overall is safer. So it depends on the individual situation, preferences, and other factors, such as the availability of the storage space.