Top 3 Ways to Download MP3 Audio Safely
YouTube, Soundcloud, and other sites have some strict copyright laws that make it difficult to download audio, but that doesn’t mean that there’s not a way to download audio safely. Downloading audio is very possible. You just need the right tools. With the right tools, you can listen to your favorite songs offline without putting any risk to your computer.
Here are the top 3 ways to download MP3 audio safely.
Look for Official Download Links
When looking to download audio to an MP3 the first thing you should look for is an official download link. In some scenarios, an official download link may be featured in the description section of a video. From there, simply click on the link and follow the download instructions.
You’ll often see these links on SoundCloud but less on YouTube. Often times, YouTubers will feature download links if the video is for promotional purposes.
But… there is a downside of official download links. In many cases, you may have to pay for this download. This is largely a copyright issue if it’s music your downloading. Artists aren’t just going to give out their music for free. If this is the case, you do have other free options, such as an MP3 downloader or an MP3 recorder that we will discuss next.
Use an MP3 Downloader
MP3 downloaders are a simple solution to downloading mp3 audio safely. They’re usually the first thought that comes to mind when searching for a solution to download audio.
There are endless options out there such as:
Although this is the most popular option its most likely the riskiest option. When using a standard MP3 downloader, you’ll run into popups and ads of all kinds. Your computer can even be exposed to viruses.
So… there are certain precautions to be taken when using an MP3 downloader:
- Vet your site Do some research into the safest and most reliable MP3 downloaders. Don’t just click on the first site or download that pops up when you search “YouTube to MP3”. There are plenty of reviews out there that will tell you just how safe specific MP3 downloaders are. MP3 downloaders like GenYouTube make MP3 downloading as simple as adding the word “gen” to the YouTube video link.
- Scan for viruses Once you find the perfect MP3 downloader, run anti-virus software to guarantee the program you chose is 100% virus free. This way when you run the program for the first time, you won’t have any unpleasant surprises.
- Never enter unnecessary personal information Your MP3 downloader does not need your name, address, credit card info, and social security number to operate. If it asks for too much information, chances are, it’s not the safest program.
- Watch your PC for suspicious activity If your PC is running slower or is exhibiting any faults in performance, your MP3 downloader may be the source. If your computer is exhibiting any suspicious activity your MP3 downloader may have done damage to your computer. Uninstall it and run anti-virus software immediately.
Opt for an MP3 Recorder
If an MP3 downloader sounds too risky for your liking, opt for an MP3 Recorder. An MP3 Recorder gives you as good of quality as an MP3 downloader but with no risk of downloading viruses onto your computer. An MP3 recorder simply records your preferred audio and converts it to an MP3 file or the format of your choosing. All you have to do is:
- Copy the YouTube link URL
- Paste it into the program
- Hit record
- Wait till the recording completes
MP3 recorders are a guaranteed safe and easy option for offline music listening. Products like our MP3 recorder for Youtube or SoundCloud are the best solution for guaranteed virus-free listening. Downloading the program is as safe and simple as recording the audio.
Overall, downloading MP3s is the perfect way to listen to your favorite music offline, but some options are better than others. If you follow these 3 tips set forward, you’ll always have a safe listening experience.